Friday, January 25, 2008

Justin O'Neil Week 1

This is my last semester at MU, so the task of taking advanced reporting, advanced editing, and my capstone while beginning a job search should lead to interesting results, to say the least.

My role has not been defined as far as what I will be writing about for the semester, but I am writing for the public life beat, and I will be working with my former editor Katherine Reed to address an ongoing story I wrote about last semester about police brutality and oversight.

I am looking forward to our final project in this course, as I think my weakness as a journalist is my lack of design and understanding of technology. The type of site we will be designing is one of the ways online newspapers can stand apart and add information for readers that could not be presented in other formats. I want to learn as much about interactive sites and software as I can, and I think I can turn this into a strength as long as I continually put in the time and effort to learn the technology.

No comments: