Thursday, March 6, 2008

Green Means Go?

I just saw the ultimatum for the discussion board, and some things are clear. For one, the general consensus is that three shells up and running by the end of may will likely not work. I thing I'd have to agree with that.

Where I'm not so sure is voting on whether to pare down the groupings to two or just one. I feel slightly uncomfortable simply because I don't have a good enough idea just how viable the safety and growth groups think their shells are.

I don't know if I speak for the entirety of the green group, but we've met enough and have done enough outlining and reworking to where I think we have something that is feasible, to lay as a groundwork for others to add onto in future semesters. Again, however, that is currently based on just my time and experiences, for I've had a good week of getting some of my pieces together.

I'll pretty much post this same thing on Blackboard, too — I'm not sure where to vote. I'd want to hear from other groups how they're feeling. Because I think green could be OK. The question to me is between one and two shells, and I don't know enough about the groups' progress to make a decision with all available information in mind.

Progress: Briefly I'll discuss my workings. 1) Shells. 2) FOIA-ing some e-mails about the reprimanding of a staff member in regards to Norman Finkelstein's visit to campus Monday. 3) Beginning research on my new long-term project: the growth of Columbia College to various stations around the country, including Guantanamo Bay. Do Columbia residents fully realize the scope and audience to which Columbia College is now catering?

No comments: