Friday, March 21, 2008

You gotta carry that weight...

Yeah, one of the few times when the Beatles being right is actually a bad thing.

I'm glad we talked a little about stress in class this week. It's definitely something that's been a problem lately. Spring break will be glorious.

Not much happened for my stories this week. I worked a little bit on Sean's video about being tasered yesterday. I mic'ed him up and we shot a quick interview, which Vinti and I edited into the video to make it a slightly more completely package. Overall, what a fun idea for a story! Props to Sean. Also for voluntarily being tased and NOT screaming. That was my favorite part of his post-tasering interview - he basically said that the first thing on his mind was to not look like a wimp in front of the SWAT guys and not scream. Haha. Good job, buddy.

I'm also working on a bit of a profile piece about the new director of the Boone County Democrats. Apparently it's some kid from Mizzou. He's just graduating. He beat out 30+ applicants from a bunch of other states. How cool is that? I'm excited about the story, but it comes at kind of an inopportune time. I think people with real jobs should take spring break, too. Although, I guess if that happened, journalists would still be in the newsroom.

We also got to meet with the web producer, who is hilariously quiet and shy-seeming. I was afraid that I might have scared him a little. He seems like he has a pretty good idea of what we want, and I think our communication went really well.

No comments: