Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Webshells....

I don’t want to come off as passive aggressive in writing about webshell in my blog post and not to any individual in person, but I feel that there is a lot of altruism surrounding the webshells project and very little realization of how much time and effort goes into development of websites. Even if there has been an established design, idea, and content, the actual development can take a long time. An example of this would be the Smart Decision website, which is still being developed, even though it had a launch date set earlier in this semester.
I personally feel that if anyone wants to get the web shells project done, and really do it well, we have to have a lot stronger commitment, and based on what I am currently seeing it seems like people have more commitment to daily and longterm reporting for the paper. This is not a bad thing in regards to the webshells, but we need to start getting stories ear marked to go on the web shells if this is going to be finished.
Also, I have two items in the works. One should be published tomorrow. It is a break down of all of the ballot issues in Boone county outside of Columbia. Also, I am working on a story about a bond issue on the April ballot. I think this should be done by Friday.

No comments: