Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm just the sports guy, but...

So I really don't know anything about designing a website, or how to use Flash, or even really what Flash is. I'm not the leader of my team, and I'm not overly knowledgeable about even my own shell.

Now that I've destroyed any credibility I might have had, I think I'm about ready to second Rebekah and Paul's thoughts on these shells...we may have taken on a bit much.

Sure, any student is going to opt for less work if he or she can, unless they're irrationally excited about it or something. But I think we've underestimated the time commitment that is going to be needed for this to work. It's easy to think, hey, if we each just put in five or six hours a week on this thing, we can get it all done. That might not even be true...it might take a lot more, which is only going to be compounded by how disjointed all of our schedules are. And even if five or six hours was a good estimation, where are these hours coming from? For me, baseball season just started, and I have to fit a semester's worth of reporting into the remaining two months of school. This, while still having all my other classes and homework, and while holding a job that allows me to attend here in the first place, social life be damned.

Okay, that was all just a little rant of mine. I'm down for whatever anyone wants to do...I have no problem in admitting that everyone else's perception is probably a lot clearer than is mine. I just thought the goal here was to get something workable - and good - done. At this point, three shells may be wishful thinking.


Progress
-------
The baseball team was to have their first home game Tuesday...it got cancelled. And then they were supposed to have it Friday...it got cancelled. So it looks like Saturday and Sunday will be big days for me, if the weather permits. I had a nice introductory/get to know you conversation with the coach this morning, and I think it went over really well. My goal in having the meeting was to establish some trust and, hopefully, to make him more comfortable with me wanting to steal his players for interviews all the time.

Other than this, I have little to report. I should be exceptionally busy starting this weekend though, so next week should be a bit more progressive...

No comments: