Monday, April 14, 2008

Awesomeness in the Newsroom!

This semester's Advanced Reporting Class and everyone involved is incredible. I know that we have at least four weeks left, but everything and everyone has been incredible. Everyday has brought something new to my plate as I have had a day turn story turn into a story that takes over a week, but makes the front page of the Sunday Missourian, I've lost sleep trying to find just the right word, and have found that some story that I thought was very important wasn't as important to citizens of Columbia.
I had no idea of what this semester would bring. In truth I had no idea what today would bring. I planned on contacting numerous sources for stories today, but instead cut out more time to attend my beat meeting and plan ahead on another story. Additionally the meeting with Joe from Bright Tree went really well. I was slightly nervous, because most of my preperation took place over phone calls and looking through documents while I was at the airport this weekend. With the Shells everything seems to be going really well. I am really happy to have the opportunity to help out with the shells project. For a couple weeks I don't think I really felt motivated or connected to this project, but I am realizing how important this project is to the Missourian and what a great opportunity it is to work on the shells project. I know that the rest of this semester will be awesome, because we are and awesome group of reporters!

No comments: