Monday, April 28, 2008

An update

With everything winding down, I am still pushing to finish up the shells project. This has been a long process and not an easy one. After all the work this group (the class) has put into these projects this semester it would be a shame to have it go to waste.
Unfortunately I haven't heard the plan to keep these two sites up and running in the future.
Will there be a shells beat at the Missourian? A projects class?
I also find myself wondering when the new site will be up. From what I have heard, the technology and interactivity of loading the site will be a great help to our projects.

Anyway, to the week. I had two stories this week, although I was more of a supervisor on the second - the very important school board meeting. Both of these were different deadline experiences.
On Tuesday, before the listening session there wasnt much opportunity to write a skeleton. I could just write one boiler plate paragraph that talked about the failed school tax levy and the board hadnt done this before.
On Thursday there was much more opportunity but it was still a difficult write thru because the meeting ran so long and there was so much information.

No comments: