Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Deep Breath...

It's definitely the home stretch in all facets of life. The stress builds a bit — papers, exams, projects, longer stories that still need work. I was hoping to write this little note on Saturday morning, but I needed to desperately take advantage of the opportunity to recharge for a couple more hours.

Needless to say, the rest of my shells reporting and article-writing needs to get done this week so I can have two weeks to work with graphics/editing to get everything publishable.

Then I get to move on to the last group of stories I want to do before the end of the semester on the beat. Add that in with getting ready for my summer internship and finding a new car, and my head will soon be spinning.

So I've taken this past weekend to prepare before the plunge. And then life speeds up, and it's here. So it's time to see how long I can hold in that deep breath and see if it lasts me through the week. If so, then the remainder of the semester may actually be semi-low-stress. Maybe. Possibly. I hope.

But for now, it's time to get workin'. Maybe Earth Day on Sunday will culminate in a celebration of my work being done and to promote the site to the community.

Let's all wish each other luck.

No comments: