Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The top story on NYTimes.com is a blog post.

I just thought it was an interesting development. The post is actually a live blog of a senate hearing (where the author writes small posts as things happen at an event). What do you guys think about having a blog post as the top story (on the New York Times!)?

I think it's kind of cool. Since it's not an opinion blog, I'm glad to have this information front and center (and have no doubts that they will change it as soon as they get copy slapped together, hence the screen shot).

1 comment:

Tom Warhover said...

I'm sorry I didn't see this soon enough, Rebekah, because I would have loved to look at it.

One of the things I'm interested in is somehow redefining the term, or creating a new one, that more accurately describes what most of our blog items are: Pretty straightforward reporting with a little more reporter voice than usual.