Saturday, February 9, 2008

Good week with articles, but want to improve the election multimedia coverage

This past week was a very strong week for me as I was able to get the center spread story for this Sundays paper, an article published in VOX, and contributed to an article on the Obama primary party at the Blue Note.
I feel really good about the Avenue of the Columns story and I am so glad that Scott Swafford is my editor. He is very helpful with communicating what I need to tighten up in my article and ways of improving my writing. I also am very excited to see the Aveneu of the Columns story printed as the center spread on Sunday, because I have been working on this story for about two weeks. Working on this article is also great because it makes me feel more like a member of the community of Columbia as I have had the opportunity to report on something that informs the public about proposed renovations to 8th Street.
I was slightly disappointed that I didn’t think of something for the Primary coverage. I feel like it would have been really great to get some video footage of the Missourian newsroom on the Tuesday evening to put in the Smart Decision vlog. This is a great way to combine the efforts of the election beat and my current capstone. I realize that for future campaign, political, and election coverage getting a behind the scene video montage would be a very beneficial way to break the preverbial third wall and bring the viewers into our election night experience.

Articles this week:
Avenue of the Columns
Chantix
Obama Primary (contributed to this story, Story By Rachel Heaton)

P.S.
I want to discuss the shells project more, and I am dissapointed that I couldn't make the discussion on Friday. Can't wait to get more involved in the project.

No comments: