Friday, February 1, 2008

Sam Miles 2/1

After being run over by the train that is strep throat last week, I actually made it to my first lecture this week. Unfortunately, it was pretty obvious that I was behind with regard to the discussions on shells that were had, and it has taken a little bit of catching up to get on the same page with everyone. As far as I can tell…and this is pretty early on in the game…but it does seem to be a worthwhile endeavor, and one that might serve our readers better. That said, I really wish I had been able to make it to class the first week, because I would have loved to hear everyone’s opinions on the matter.

As far as my progress, I’m still waiting until baseball/softball season before I’ll be up to too much at the newspaper. I’ve been backloaded with work lately, but hopefully I can make it in most nights this next week and pick up something to do, just to keep me sharp. In that same vein, I’ve been brushing up on my AP and Missourian style books to get back in the habit (I’ve kept writing, but not in the same format).

No comments: