Friday, February 1, 2008

Lampe's Week Two Post

This was a productive week, yet ironically it feels like no much happened. I had two interviews for two stories that are being printed next week and finished another story yesterday that is being printed next week.

It feels like not much happened, but this is simply a by product of my scheduling throughout the week. I am very happy that the article about Chantix, a perscription drug that helps people quit someking will be published in VOX next week. I’m also happy that I got the two interviews done this week. My guess is that the two articles will be published early to mid week next week.

One of the articles is on the Avenue of the Columns renovations set to take place over the next year. I am estimating the article to be between 600 and 700 words. I am really excited about this article though, because the city manager will be sending me a copy of the newest updates to the architectural design at the beginning of next week, so the Missourian will be graphically showing this to the public before the city council or any other media outlet.

I guess this week has been beneficial also, because I have had the opportunity to manage three stories, but don’t feel overwhelmed. I must say though as the primary is coming up I am and I am wrapping up these three stories, I am really excited for a few day turn stories next week. The adrenaline rush is an addcition.

No comments: