Friday, February 15, 2008

Planning for Web Shells and Getting Hung out to Dry

This week my group met on Friday to talk about ideas for our web shells. We decided to divide "growth in Columbia" into groups of people/population/culture growth, government growth, and small business growth. We also talked about website design ideas for a long time. Everyone contributed sketches (that included malfunctioning search engines... hmm...) and we talked about what kinds of elements would make our web page. I was really pleased with the depth that our discussion got into and I'm really excited to get started on this page.

I spent the week trying to talk to parents and the principal for my backpack story, which has been essentially done for a week but parents have been hard to track down and the principal won't answer my phone calls about getting a photographer into the school. He was soo nice when I talked to him the first time! What's the deal?

I also started working on an update story on the smoking cessation program that the city is doing. I hopefully will get to talk to some of the people who have been through the program with they city. I'm crossing my fingers on that one.

No comments: