Saturday, February 2, 2008

Looking forward to Super Tuesday

So, who's excited for next Tuesday? I am, but I'm also a little scared. The newsroom is going to be ridiculous, and I've never been around during breaking news, really.

Public life is hitting the ground running. We will be sending print reporters everywhere, along with as many convergence students as we can find. That's not really the part I'm worried about, though. I'm worried about what happens when they all get back. I'm excited to see how we synthesize the information, and make sure that all those reporters aren't overlapping each other. How often are we going to update the website (with copy or with just statistics)? Are there enough editors to go around? Probably for print, although it will be busy. I can tell you right now that there won't be enough computers or editors for all of that video. We will probably have to send at least half of them across the street to Gannett to work there. I hope the server doesn't crash!

Despite the crazieness, it's going to be a really fun day. We will all sleep well that night, haha (or maybe that depends on the election results...)

No comments: